Free Spirit Engraved Art | home
1. How long does the color last? Indefinitely as long as the windshield is cleaned and protected properly. Some products used to clean the windshield will actually damage the shield. Most manufacturers will recommend washing with mild soap and water and occasionally using a polished specifically formulated for motorcycle windshields to help protect from the Sun's UV rays and keep the windshield optically clear. Under extreme conditions of heat and sunlight, polishing and covering the windshield will help the longevity of the windshield. If the windshield is cared for properly and protected as much as possible then the engraving and color will last the life of the windshield.
2. Does the engraving weaken or damage the windshield? This is probably the easiest style of etching or engraving for your windshield. Most "etchers" use a pencil engraver witch actually pecks at the windshield leaving small volcano looking marks. This process actually stresses the outside sheet on the windshield and may cause the windshield to deteriorate at a fast rate. Free Spirit uses a rotary engraver that actually makes a quick cut similar to the edge of the windshield. This causes very minimal, if any, stress to the windshield.
3. Does the engraving impair the driver's vision? One of the most important things to consider with any etching or engraving is placement as not to be in the normal vision of the driver. Every windshield and driver is a little bit different. We work with you to make sure the engraving will not interfere with your normal riding vision. Even if needed, the driver can see through this style of engraving without much loss of vision.
4. May I supply my own pictures, artwork, or ideas? Definitely yes. We do like to have them in advance as most submitted ideas are usually in portrait format (tall and narrow) and with the constraints of the windshield need to be converted to landscape format (wide and short). Extra care is given to keep the same message or idea as the original. Any changes are presented to you for final Okay before any work is performed.
5. How do I make an appointment to have my windshield engraved? You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (515)-710-6109 to set up an appointment at any of our scheduled events or to ship the windshield via UPS to us to be engraved.
6. How does LEDs (lighting the windshield up) affect the engraving, especially with the color? Again because of the different style of cut (rotary verses pencil) the engraving will actually work very well with the LED lights. Every cut with the rotary engraver will catch the color of the light very much like the edge of the windshield. Even with the color there is still enough uncolored edge to pick up the light. The color will pick up the color of the lights and interact. Most people that have windshields engraved by Free Spirit and have added the LED lights have commented on how much brighter the engraving is, compared to other styles
7. How much does it cost? Pricing varies because of different styles and amount of work involved to produce a final product that will be enjoyed for years by the customer and any one seeing the engraving. The engravings are not cheap but neither is the quality. We believe that our pricing is very reasonable especially for the quality.
FAQ Glass and Stone
1. What color stone works the best? Normally the blackker the stone the better. Black creates the best background of any artwork. Any dark stone can work well but may need to be sprayed with a white paint like product to enhance the artwork
2. Can color be added? Normally no with the exception of red stone. Engraving on glass still leaves to surface to slick for any paint or stain to bond permanently.
3. What glass products can be engraved? Any product with glass can be engraved. Auto and truck glass, cabinet doors, glass steins, coffee cups, entry way doors, etc.
4. Where do you engrave on auto and truck glass? Most auto and truck glass can be engraved on the side windows or the rear window but out of the normal vision of the rear view mirror or vision to the side.
5. What style is used? A new form of mezzotint engraving is employed that gives the engraving added depth and perspective.
6. Where are the service available?
Most stone and glass engraving is done near the home base in Southwest Iowa. arrangement can be made to have the work done on site by contactinng us at email@example.com
7. How much does it cost? Each project is quoted ahead of delivery or before work is scheduled. We try to be reasonable for the quality of work we perform.